BEIJING, China, March 10, 2021 – – Littelfuse, Inc. (NASDAQ: LFUS), an industrial technology manufacturing company dedicated to a sustainable, connected and safer world, today announced the launch of the LST Varistor Series . Using proprietary thermally protected varistor technology (TMOV) developed by Littelfuse, this new varistor combines built-in thermal disconnect and arc shielding. This combination provides additional reliable protection against catastrophic failure and fire hazards even under abnormal overvoltage conditions or extreme end-of-life varistor situations.
LST Varistor Series
It is designed for Type 1 and Type 2 surge protection devices (SPDs) used in the following markets and applications, including:
· Residential, commercial and industrial buildings
· Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)
· Industrial Motor Control
· Renewable Energy
· HVAC system
“LST varistors offer many advantages over other technologies on the market,” said Boris Golubovic, vice president of marketing and strategy at Littelfuse. “By integrating LST into the latest designs, not only do they have a wider operating voltage range, higher Inrush current ratings, and to complement the micro switch options, your SPD will also become more reliable and meet the protection requirements of your customer’s application.”
The LST Varistor series offers the following key advantages:
· Facilitates meeting UL1449 listed Type 1 or Type 2 standards by employing 200 kA SCCR, 20 kA In, UL1449 Type 4 certified components.
· Flexibility to use devices rated at 50 kA and 75 kA Imax (same footprint on PCB).
Provides additional options for designing/monitoring SPD products or systems remotely via mechanically actuated AC and DC rated microswitches (normally open/normally closed, lead length, 2-pin/3-pin/no-pin).
· A visual tab clearly showing LST operating status, which informs service technicians and maintenance engineers to replace the LST at end of life (EOL) to continue to provide optimum surge protection for the end product.
Wide operating voltage range: up to 690 Vac for 50 kA models and 550 Vac for 75 kA models.
The LST Varistor series comes in 3 trays, each containing 24 pieces. Samples are available from authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide. For a list of Littelfuse Authorized Distributors, visit Littelfuse.com.
The Links: LQ075V3DG01 LTM190E1-L01 ALLIGBT.COM